Travel Business and Tourism Guidance
Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University opened two-year programs in food and hospitality in the 1999-2000 academic year. The success of these programs' graduates and the positive reviews from their employers confirmed the success and strengths of the program. In order to strengthen and improve these programs, in 2007, they were turned into four year Bachelor's programs, and such the Department of Travel Business and Tourism Guidance was created.
Goals and Mission
Tour operators are a key portion of the tourism industry, which is growing every year in Kyrgyzstan. The number of companies and tour agencies offering tours is also growing with every year. This means that there is more and more demand for qualified professionals, which the Department of Tours and Guide Services aims to prepare.
The Department trains qualified guides who can show international guests around Kyrgyzstan, as well as managers managers who can run a business in the tourism sector.
The Department of Travel Business and Tourism Guidance has set the following objectives:
- Instil students with management and entrepreneurial skills;
- Provide students with the opportunity to improve their skills through internships and practice;
- Teach students at least three foreign languages to help them be competitive in the international marketplace (English, German, Turkish);
- Organize tours for students to the major tourist sites in Kyrgyzstan;
- Encourage students to be tolerant and respectful of their cultural and historical roots.
The Department of Tours and Guide Services aims to become a brand known throughout Central Asia for its quality education and competent graduates who are able to meet the demands of the market.
About the Program
The Department of Travel Business and Tourism Guidance strives to always update and improve the educational program. We want to give students the best possible experience while they are studying, including organizing internships and practice with leading organizations in Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, and in other countries. Special attention has been paid to adapting leading programs in Turkey, Western Europe and North America to meet the needs of students in Kyrgyzstan.