High School of Tourism and Hotel Management
Kyrgyzstan, thanks to its beautiful nature and rich culture and history, has huge potential for tourism. The number of tourists visiting Kyrgyzstan is consistently growing, which demonstrates the need for new infrastructure and trained personnel. Higher education in the field of tourism has become necessary for these developments. This is why the School of Tourism and Hotel Management prepares professionals to develop tourism in Kyrgyzstan and in the Turkic world.
The School of Vocational Education was founded in the 1999-2000 academic year, with two-year degrees offered by three programs - Food Service Management, Hotel Management, and Guide Services. Because of the high demand for specialists with an education from this school, the program was expanded to cover four years in the 2007-2008 academic year. Currently, the School of Tourism and Hotel Management offers three programs - Tourism and Hotel Management, Restaurant Managment, and Tours and Guide Services.
The School of Tourism and Hotel Management offers not only theoretical classes in spaces equipped with modern informations technology, but also pays special attention to practice, with culinary laboratories, model hotel rooms, and a bar for students to refine their practical skills.
Currently, 80 international students from seven countries study at our program, and they actively participate in university events and add to the diverse and tolerant atmosphere among students.
Our mission is to prepare professionals who meet all international standards for the hospitality and tourism industry, and who live a tolerant life that respects and protects Turkic traditions.
To become a leader among educational institutions, and to become a place that prepares professionals for the hospitality and tourism industries.
Reasons to Study at the School of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Practice at leading hospitality institution in Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, and other countries, which allows students to gain considerable experience during their four years of studies;
- Participation in interdisciplinary projects, masterclasses, seminars, and practicums;
- Study of foreign languages, including Turkish, Kyrgyz, English, Russian and German;
Graduates include the Geneeral Director of the Ambassador Hotel, the Manager of the Dostuk Club Hotel, Assistant to the General Director of the Park Hotel, HR Manager at the Damas Hotel, Assistant to the General Director of Asia Mountains Hotel, Sous Chef at the Hyatt Regency Bishkek, Assistant to the General Director of the Garden Hotel, owner of the Luxe Restaurant in Karakol, owner of the Baguette Bakeyr, Manager of the Miracle Resort Hotel in Turkey, Marketing Director of the Mardan Palace Hotel in Turkey, member of the reservations department at the Hotel Four Seasons Abu Dhabi, and others.
- 2007 - Best University - KATO Partners
- 2008 - Letter of Appreciation from the Office of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic for organizing service for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- 2013 - Letter of Appreciation for Cooperation with HELVETAS
- 2014 - Best Educational Institution in the Field of Tourism from the Department of Tourism at the Ministry of Culture, Information and Tourism of the Kyrgyz Republic
- 2014 - Best Idea for Developing and Promoting Tourism in the Kyrgyz Republic from the Department of Tourism at the Ministry of Culture, Information and Tourism of the Kyrgyz Republic
- 2015 - Best Partner of the Year - HORECA
- 2015 - Silver Prize from the WACS Istanbul International Culinary Festival
- 2016 - Bronze Prize at the International Prize for Traditional Desserts (Seki, Azerbaijan)
- 2016 - Gold, Silver and Bronze medals from the Second Bishkek Culinary Competition
- 2016 - Best Partner of the Year - HORECA
The School of Tourism and Hotel Management is a member of the AMFORTH and EURHODIP organizations for uniting educational institutions in the field of tourism.
Cooperation in Kyrgyzstan
- Member of the Union of Tour Operators of Kyrgyzstan
- Honorable member and expert of the HORECA Club
- Honorable Member of the Association of Chefs of Kyrgyzstan
Internship and Employment Partners
Turkey- Mardan Palace Hotel, Maxx Royal Hotel, Rixos Hotel, Belek Beach Hotel, Lykia World Fethiye Oteli , Lykia World Antalya Hotel, Hillside Beach Club, Sealight Resort Hotel and others.
Kyrgyzstan- Hyatt Hotel, Каприз отель, Botany Beach, Damas Hotel , Радуга Отель , Park Hotel, Solux Hotel, Dostuk Club Hotel, Green Cıty Hotel, Ambassador Hotel and others.
Tolga Gök, PhD