The Department of Crop Protection was founded in 2008-2009, and currently 104 students study in the department. Students study in the Bachelor's program for four years.
We teach modern methods that help to improve agriculture in Kyrgyzstan without damaging the environment or increasing negative effects on the population. We want our students to be the next generation of professionals and the people who face the problems of tomorrow with solutions that are high-tech, ethical, and well-researched.
The goal of the Department of Crop Protection is to prepare graduate and undergraduate students in the field of Crop Protection, who have the modern theoretical and technological knowledge to predict the condition of the environment, to predict crop protection systems, to diagnose quarantine conditions, to evaluate and inspect goods at customs points, and to help develop the agricultural sector of the economy and preserve the natural and genetic resources of the country.
The mission of the Department is to prepare specialists according to international standards to work in the field of agriculture, who are able to transform the current methods of cultivating and protecting crops and to adopt new technology.
Our mission also covers the following:
Preparing specialists for management positions involving industry and technology in the field of agriculture;
Preparing researchers who can create and implement new technology in the field of agriculture;
Preparing consultants in the field of agriculture.
After graduating, students can work:
- As an expert in quarantine, customs, or certification services at border areas;
- As technology experts for producing technology to protect crops at the national and regional level;
- As directors of departments of chemicalization and fertilization;
- As researchers at educational institutions;
- As teachers at universities and technical colleges;
- At diagnostical laboratories;
- At agricultural companies;
- At seed companies;
- At international agricultural research centers;
- At botanical gardens and arboretums;
- At biotechnology firms;
- At ecological and environmental firms.
Students have the opportunities gain practical experience ag:
- Nurseries, gardens and parks;
- Government organizations;
- Lawn care and landscape design companies;
- Forestry and agricultural services;
- Ecological and agricultural patent services.