Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics was founded in 2007 within the Faculty of Sciences in the Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University. Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics has accepted students to the undergraduate program with the examinations made by the Measuring, Selection and Placement Center of our university and National Testing of Kyrgyzstan Government (ORT) since 2007.
The undergraduate program based on the Bologna system is 4 years except language preparatory class. Beside undergraduate program, graduate programs (M.Sc. & Ph.D.) are also active in our department. The education and training is free in our department and our department provides scholarships to successful and needy students. Currently, The Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics has 10 faculty members including 3 Professor, 3 Associate Professor, 1 Assistant Professor, 1 Research Assistant and 2 Lecturer. Our faculty members have many publications screening by the Web of Science and other databases. In addition, every year, well-known scientists in other countries (from specially the Republic of Turkey) serve in our department for up to five years. In this way, our students have the opportunity to take lessons from many academicians.
Graduates from our department receive an academic degree in the area of Applied Mathematics and Informatics.
Goals of the Department
The main goal of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics is to train well-educated, highly-qualified individuals that have the skills to use software on computer devices and automated systems and for the processing of financial information. For this goal, we aim to provide our students the following skills:
- Research on simulation models on the modeling of information with applied problems using mathematical methods.
- Research of management methods of computer network security and administration tools, automated systems and information processing tools.
- Usability of numerical methods in solving mathematical problems arising from production and technological activities.
- Learn programming languages.
- Research on digital image processing, tools of computer graphics, multimedia and automated designing.
- Mathematical methods of information systems for forecasting and system analysis.
- Development and realization of information systems related with the processes of the quality control of industrial activity.
The department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics located in the Building of the Faculty of Engineering and Science and has educational laboratories for students, educational classrooms, office and social interaction areas for faculty and students. The Department is well equipped with facilities and allowing efficient and successful execution of research and educational programs.
The infrastructure of the department allows efficient and successful execution of research. Scientific research in the department is conducted in the following fields: asymptotic methods of mathematical physics, approximation theory, extreme polynomials, numerical methods, differential equations, social engineering, artificial intelligence, information and communication technologies, large database design, financial and computer mathematics, computer speech synthesis and Applied Informatics.
Asan Omuraliev, DSc
Head of the Department